Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Essie - Pink Happy (Breast Cancer Awareness 2014)

Today I'm wearing Pink Happy from this years Breast Cancer Awareness collection. It is the darkest colour of the three. Essie describes it as follows: "laughter is the best medicine and the happy energy of this bright fuchsia berry is sure to put a smile on your face."
It is a fuchsia berry with lots of blue undertones and with my skin that just does not transfer as happy it looks more like granny on me. In the pictures it looks kind of OK, but in real life it pulled darker and less cheery.
This was two layers, but be slow and don't sweep to much with the brush or you will get bald spots!

Essie Pink Happy
Essie - Pink Happy

Essie Pink Happy

Essie Pink Happy

Essie Pink Happy

Essie Pink Happy

Essie Pink Happy

I decided to topcoat the lot: it was chipping fairly quickly and I thought that a layer of twinkles would save the day;......it did not........ >hmph<


Nicole by OPI Best Pink Ever
Nicole by OPI - Best Pink Ever

Nicole by OPI Best Pink Ever

Nicole by OPI Best Pink Ever

Nicole by OPI Best Pink Ever

The chips were gone, but the blue was even more enhanced and there was a silver sheen that didn't do the colour any favours. No Nicole's Best Pink Ever did not save the day for me today.
I swatched it over black on a nail wheel and that was gorgeous so there is still hope voor The Best Pink Ever! Now I need to figure out what to put over Pink Happy to make it truly happy for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment