Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

China Glaze - Release (The Giver Collection, autumn 2014) and comparison to Essie Bangle Jangle, Zoya Caitlin, OPI Parlez-vous Opi etc.

What is it with these taupe, greige, grey-purple colours that makes you want to own them all so desperately?
When I saw the first pictures of the The Giver Collection, I just needed Release immediately!
Release is a fairly neutral greige, not too warm and not too cold: very wearable for all kinds of skin colours.
The formula works reasonably well, it's a bit fast drying so you have to get on with it and don't fuss. I did three coats here to get it all opaque and greigealicious.


China Glaze Release
China Glaze - Release

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release

Oh, don't you love it?!

It reminded me of a few colours that are sitting in some of my drawers.....soooooooo I needed to do a comparison!

First up I compared Release with Zoya Caitlin, OPI Parlez-vous Opi and Essie Smokin' Hot. Parlez-vous was too mauve and not grey enough, the Essie was too brown and too dark; the Zoya was the closest in colour yet it was a bit darker and was overall a bit too blue.


China Glaze Release
Zoya Caitlin, CG Release, OPI Parlez-vous Opi, Essie Smokin' Hot

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release
Smokin' Hot, Parlez-vous, Release, Caitlin

Then I remembered Essie Bangle Jangle....that might be the closest friend of Release.

China Glaze Release

China Glaze Release
Zoya Caitlin, CG Release, Essie Bangle Jangle, OPI Parlez-vous Opi

China Glaze Release
CG Release, Essie Bangle Jangle

Bangle Jangle really is a very close friend, the same tone of colour as Release BUT it is a tint lighter then the China Glaze.
So relieve here: I have no dupes, only friends and I really needed this greige, no doubt about that!

2 comments:

  1. Very useful comparison! I don't find myseld reaching for Bangle Jangle often, so I don't think I'll get this. It's a beautiful colour though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Gra! It was hard to get the different colours correct in the pictures.....they change colour depending on the light. Somethimes they look grey and sometimes more lilac and sometimes more blue.
      Ahh, not buying this one leaves room for other beauties to be bought!! :-)

      Delete