Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

China Glaze - Boundary of Memory (The Giver Collection, autumn 2014) and comparison with China Glaze In The City (Metro Collection, autumn 2011)

China Glaze and micro glitters: WOW they do them so well!
There are two in The Giver collection: Boundary of Memory and The Outer Edge. The last one is probably more of a topper but you could get it semi opaque on the nail if you really wanted to (and I DO, but I'll reserve that for later).
Today it is Boundary of Memory: a splendid mix of black, silver and copper gold micro glitter. The formula was a bit thick, like I was putting a sandy syrup on my nails but it was workable and completely opaque in two coats.

China Glaze Boundary of Memory
China Glaze - Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

I used Essence Nial Art Peel Off base coat and added one extra layer of topcoat (Essence Gel-Look XXXL shine) underneath China Glaze Fast Forward to even everything out. This whole sandwich was VERY hard wearing! It didn't chip at all and after a week I needed to work very hard to "peel" (more like hack and peck) the whole thing off again.
This glitter mix does remind me a bit of China Glaze In the City (China Glaze Metro collection for Fall 2011) but that polish had more of a lilac undertone and was thus a bit colder in hue.
I will put a comparison swatch up when I have time this week.......

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

China Glaze Boundary of Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment