Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

ANNY - Naked Venus 244 (Yachting Holidays Collection, summer 2014) and comparison with Essie Fiji and China Glaze Friends Forever Right?

I was in NEED of a very pale pink (think Essie Fiji)! What to do, when Fiji is sold out everywhere? In that precarious case one goes to Douglas and buys Anny's Naked Venus....
Fortunately I also found Essie Fiji in the European and the American version (!) so I can compare them all together.
This was two coats of pale pink goodness (the family said it looked like white, but we girls know better, right?!). The Poshé topcoat did some weird shrinking thingy at the edges, so next time I'll use a different brand and hope to avoid that particular problem.

ANNY Naked Venus 244
ANNY - Naked Venus 244

ANNY Naked Venus 244

ANNY Naked Venus 244

ANNY Naked Venus 244

Naked Venus is a lovely and very fresh pale pink polish, perhaps I should say it is a white with a hint of pink.
Next I compared NV with the two Essie's I told you about and with China Glaze Friends Forever Right? from The Giver Collection.

From left to right is (in the first picture):
Essie Fiji US, Essie Fiji EU, Anny Naked Venus, Chins Glaze FFR? and Essie Blanc

ANNY Naked Venus 244

ANNY Naked Venus 244

ANNY Naked Venus 244

ANNY Naked Venus 244

As you can see the US Fiji is the most pink of the 5 (it really is a true light pink), the EU variation is a bit lighter and has a drop of yellow. Then comes Anny: an extremely pale pink, while China Glaze FFR? is a white with a hint of pink and Essie Blanc is a true white. The China Glaze is the closest to the Anny in colour, formula wise I do not know yet, because I have not worn FFR on the nails yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment