Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

China Glaze - Howl You Doin shiny and mattified, Monsters Ball 2013 Halloween Collection

I bought 2 polishes from the China Glaze Monsters Ball Halloween Collection: Fang Tastic (the glitter I showed you already) and Howl You Doin.
HYD is a hard to describe polish, its dark raisin coloured with dark purple microglitters and orange flackies (I sometimes think I see a hot fuschia glitter in there as well, it might be wishful thinking though). The consistency of this polish is HORRIBLE; it is thick, gluey and streaky it feels like smearing Tipp-Ex on your nails and the result is the same bumpy streaky mess!

I first did two layers with one coat of Essie Matte About You (it seemed to me this polish was meant to be matte).
China Glaze Howl You Doin
China Glaze - Howl You Doin

China Glaze Howl You Doin

China Glaze Howl You Doin
With Essie - Matte About You.
In daylight it looks quite OK, last evening in low light it was ugleeeey! Next time I will try three coats and then the matte top coat.
Today I thinned HYD with 7 drops of thinner, slapped on one coat more and topped it off with Seche Vite.
China Glaze Howl You Doin
In sun light.

China Glaze Howl You Doin
In diffused light.

China Glaze Howl You Doin
Three coats is much better and the thinner helped a lot! As you can see even with a thick coat of Seche it is still bumpy and I like it best mattefied.
I'm not too sure about this polish..it is a bit to dark to let the glitter and flackies shine (not jelly enough) and the formula is terrible (even with thinner it is still iffy). I kind of see what they were going for but the result is not perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment