Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

China Glaze - Hologlam - When Stars Collide, holographic collection 2013

It was collecting dust in it's nail polish drawer: China Glaze When Stars Collide, a warm maroon coloured holographic polish.
Today it is time to reveal it's beauty.....
There is much said about the Hologlam Collection and most nail enthusiasts came to the conclusion that it lacked in va-va-voom holographic splendour.
I like it that it is not in your face holographic, the spectra flair particles are very fine in this polish and they give it more of a glow most of the time. But under halogen lights and natural sunlight (offcourse) the rainbows come out to play!
The subtleness of the holo effect makes this polish very chique in my eyes (the colour helps as well).

I tried to caputure it's glorie:
China Glaze When Stars Collide
China Glaze - When Stars Collide

China Glaze When Stars Collide
In diffused light

China Glaze When Stars Collide

China Glaze When Stars Collide
In halogen light

China Glaze When Stars Collide

China Glaze When Stars Collide



The colour is lovely: a lot of other brands copied it or perhaps better phrased "were inspired" by the colour (Layla, Dance Legend, A-England etc.).
It is dark, but not too much.
It is maroon, but not too braun.
It is holographic, but not too in your face.
It has a lovely formula and covers very well in two coats.
It is not topcoat repellend.

I like it a lot; I am very happy that I bought two little friends to accompany WSC in my drawer and on my nails ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment