Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

OPI - Liquid Sand - The Impossible

My hands were so very dry from the persisting cold and my diy-ing that my skin resembled sandpaper more than anything else ...so I took a small break to get back my hands and cuticles to a somewhat normal state again.

I am not completely there yet but I needed some nailpolish again!!!
My eye was cought by OPI The Impossible, one of the first 4 Liquid Sand polishes of the Mariah Carey Collection by OPI (spring 2013). First off I was not convinced and I still am not..really.... Scrangie (here) made me buy it. Usually I totally get her and love her advice but with these Liquid Sands she was a bit off in my humble opinion.

The Impossible is a lovely coral red with silver hexagon glitter and holografic stars. The stars are notoriously difficult to get hold of and the polish itself is a bit on the transparent side.

It looks like this:
OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible
OPI - Liquid Sand - The Impossible

OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible

OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible

OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible
As you can see some stars stick out (very annoying) and when they are in the first layer of polish they do not shine trough the following layers... The colour itself is lovely, it just could be a bit more opaque and matte to my taste.
Next time I am going to skip the stars and try to put some nice red polish as a base under The Impossible....just to see how that will work!


No comments:

Post a Comment