Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Nail routine by Glittersnapdragon

I am always very interested in what kind of basecoat and topcoat people use to make their nail polishes last as long as possible. That is why I am sharing my routine with you all....perhaps you all are as interested in nail routines as I am :-)

Glittersnapdragon nail polish routine
Glittersnapdragon nail polish routine

First of all I start with a nail hardener. I have very floppy nails so it's a must have for me! Herome nail hardener extra strong works like a charm. My nails hardly bend anymore and they (almost) never tear.

Herome nail hardener extra strong
Herome nail hardener extra strong

Next I apply a coat of base coat, the Orly bonder. It makes a very good base, altough I am starting to think lately it is staining my nails a bit yellow.....

Orly bonder
Orly bonder

Then it is time for the polish....whatever brand or color I choose. Mostly I apply two coats unless it's extremely patchy or see through in that case I use three coats.

Now it is time for the first topcoat: the Essencegel-look topcoat.

Essence gel-look topcoat
Essence gel-look topcoat

To finish it off and to make it this polish accumulation dry faster I slab on a coat of Poshé super fast drying topcoat.

Poshé super-fast drying topcoat
Poshé super-fast drying topcoat




This combination makes my polish last up to three days without tipwear! This is a real miracle for me because I DIY a LOT, I use paints (the hard core stuff), sandingpaper, terpentine etc.

After those three days I have a bit of tipwear but I can stretch the wear optu 5 or 6 days. Then it get's on my nerves and I am in need of a different color!

What do you use as nail routine?




No comments:

Post a Comment